Monday, February 21, 2011

Things We Love - Sister Snowflakes, Custom Wedding Accessories


A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of sitting down and talking with Sharen Charloff of Sister Snowflakes. Sister Snowflakes is a custom wedding accessory design company. Her company does beautiful made to order items such as wedding veils, flower girl baskets, ring pillows and table linens.

In fact, table linens were what lead to our meeting. Many times I have had the request for monogrammed cake table runners. These runners can be used on the cake table and then used in the home after the wedding. It makes the perfect keepsake. I am always looking for good resources for runners and that’s how I ran across Sister Snowflakes and Sharen.


Below is the interview we did to learn more about this company:

Tell me what makes your company special:

I truly am passionate about what I do and this passion translates itself into a beautiful finished product. I love creating one-of-a-kind items and will only deliver the best product possible.

How did you get started in the business?

I began sewing when I was 13 and always thought it would be nice to have my own business one day. Just over a year ago I was laid off from my corporate job of 21 years and decided that it was a great time to follow my dream.

What do you like best about your job?

Every job is unique. I love creating beautifully crafted products for my clients.

Tell us about your favorite wedding or event:

My favorite wedding was that of my eldest's daughter. I had the pleasure of making her veil and a few other items. It made the day really special for both of us.

What are the questions a bride should ask when choosing a vendor in your field?

Some general questions should include:

"Do you charge by the hour or by the job and how much deposit is required?" This can change depending on the extent of work to be done.

"Who will purchase the fabric?" Fabric is usually "in-addition" to the quoted price unless supplied by the bride, but again, depends on the job.

"Are you working on a job that I can see or have pictures of previous work?"

"Can you give me references?"

What’s the hardest thing about your job?

I have a lot of patience, but waiting to see the final version of the product I envisioned at the start can be trying at times.

Anything else we should know?

I am a perfectionist and thus finishing details are very important to me

Contact information for Sister Snowflakes:
http://www.sistersnowflakes.com/
sistersnowflakes@gmail.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails