Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Our Visit to Aisle Style at the Charleston Musuem




I have been dying to go to Charleston and visit their newest exhibit, Aisle Style: 150 Years of Wedding Fashion. It began in October and runs through June of next year. This past Monday, I got my chance to go see it. It’s extra exciting to me, because I have a slip from the 1800’s that was my great-great-great grandmother’s. All the girls in my family have worn it under their wedding dresses. So I felt a connection to these dresses and the people that wore or donated them (even if it was faint).



The dresses were beautiful and tiny. People back then were so much smaller than we are today. It’s really amazing to see it. We took a few pictures for you to enjoy. You’re not allowed to use flash, so they aren’t the best but you get the idea. Besides you should do yourself a favor and see it in person.





It's amazing how much detail of the antique dresses we still see on today's dresses







Not all wedding dresses were white


This is my own very special petticoat

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails