Thursday, February 7, 2008

Things We Love - A Truly Talented Makeup Artist

Every bride wants to look beautiful on her wedding day. This is her chance to really shine. Not only is it important for the bride to shine, but her girls must be equally as perfect. Hiring the right makeup artist to make this happen is definitely one of the most important decisions you will make.

You need someone that not only understands makeup, but understands how bridal day makeup is different from normal everyday application. Even more important, they must know how to make you look beautiful for the camera. Doing makeup for photographs is a whole different and difficult area. Not enough and you look washed out, to much and you look like the next Bozo the Clown.
Notice how all the bridemaids' makeup blends. No one girl stands out with brighter or darker lips or eyes. Important for those perfect photos.

The person I turn to, to make this happen for my brides is Patsy Glunt , Ind. Executive Sr. Sales Director for Mary Kay. She is an artist with a makeup brush. Not only is she an expert at making the brides look beautiful, but she is so sweet and soothing for the brides that she makes them feel as beautiful as they look. All this and packages affordable for just about any bride, makes Patsy the perfect choice. So as part of my “Things We Love” series I just had to talk to Patsy.

So Patsy, tell me what makes your company special:
Patsy: Mary Kay Cosmetics. It's great to assist Brides and their Bridal party in looking their BEST for the very special day in their lives. You get only one chance to make it perfect, and photographs are a permanent record of this special day. We help to create beautiful memories to treasure for a lifetime. As trained Consultants with Mary Kay Cosmetics, we offer special services to make this day complete.

How did you get started in the business?
Patsy: As a College Graduate (w/o a JOB), I was looking for a way to make extra money. Mary Kay was a great source of money per hour. I have now celebrated "25" years and to my surprise, it has been MUCH MORE than just a "JOB" over the years.

What do you like best about your job?
Patsy: This job has so many facets. From the time I meet a new customer/client and we experience a complimentary facial, to the time she has been a happy, satisfied customer/client for years to come, our relationship is a great one. I love helping women to look and feel their best everyday, not just for one important occasion in her life. I also train others to do what I do. It's very rewarding to watch them grow as a woman, being able to have choices in life with more money for their families and more time to spend on others. Also, I love the freedom and flexibility of setting my own schedule and having time for my family.

Tell us about your favorite wedding or event:
Patsy: There are many great memories from past weddings and events I've been a part of. Most of them are seen when ladies come to me that aren't confident in the Skin Care and/or Glamour Makeup area. When I can assist them in feeling very natural in their new look and very comfortable to face the cameras, then my job has been successful. From the fanciest church settings, to outdoor chapels, to various portrait situations, we offer a look for each occasion. Even the mothers, grandmothers and wedding directors come to me for a touch-up to look their best.

I would have to say that my favorite wedding so far, has been for my very own daughter in June '07. It thrilled me to be a special part of doing her makeup for her wedding day, but also that she would trust me to make it perfect! We rented a house close to the location of the chapel and all the bridesmaids spent the night before the wedding. The next morning, we took our time getting ready, and I was able to assist all her friends in looking their best without feeling rushed!

Patsy at work (this was her daughter's Lauren's Wedding, that we had the pleasure of planning).

What are the questions a bride should ask when choosing a vendor in your field?
Patsy: It is important to a bride to go through a practice "look" before her actual portrait or wedding day. She should feel very comfortable and confident in the professional she has chosen. Also, cost is a big factor in choosing vendors to assist in your wedding planning. With Mary Kay Cosmetics, we don't charge a specific "fee" for our services. Instead, the bride chooses a Skin Care/Glamour package of products to begin using and she can have this for her everyday use before and after the event, as well.

What’s the hardest thing about your job?
Patsy: I love my job and the different aspects of it are NEW and FUN everyday. Sometimes the hours are long but the end result is very rewarding.

Anything else we should know?
Patsy: First, we believe that flawless skin requires a daily skin-care program. When brides & bridesmaids attend a complimentary pre-wedding consultation, we help them select the appropriate products. Second, as professional Beauty Consultants, we are trained in the latest, glamour techniques and know how to make brides look sensational both in front of the camera and in front of their guests. Third, we also provide a gift service to thank those that have helped make the wedding day so special, with complimentary gift wrapping.

Being a "Mother of the Bride" myself, I would be remiss if I didn't mention how AWESOME it was to have Susan & her team from Willrich Bridal to help in ALL the planning of my daughter's wedding. Not only did they give us the BEST service and provide the BEST vendors, I was truly able to ENJOY the day with NO worries at ALL!! My daughter was VERY pleased with the outcome, as well. She said, "It was the perfect wedding"!

Thanks Patsy for taking time to talk with us and thanks for making my brides so happy and beautiful on their wedding day.

Beautiful Lauren picture ready.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails