Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thumb Tuckers , The End of the Strapless Dress


Someone asked me the other day, what is the biggest change I see coming for weddings in 2008. I would have to say one of the biggest is we are finally seeing a shift away from the strapless gown and moving toward dresses with straps, necklines or even (gasp) sleeves.

Frankly, I love the strapless dresses (wore one myself) on the right person. But too many times I’m seen them on girls that should not be wearing them. My group has a name for strapless dresses. We call them the “thumb tuckers”. I know you have seen them, brides or bridesmaids that walk around the whole night with their thumbs tucked into the top of their strapless dress pulling them up. A lot of the time, strapless dresses are just not comfortable when you start moving around at the reception. And let’s not forget the girls that wear them with obvious tan lines showing, incorrect undergarments (bra’s showing in the back) and the notorious “back fat” problem.

So considering the “thumb tuckers” status and the fact that strapless is all we’ve seen for several years now, I’m excited to see wedding dresses moving in a new direction. Just look at these beautiful Badgley Mischka examples. Who wouldn't love this look?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails