Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I Promise Not to Say “I told you so”.


This is for all those brides and their mothers that read my blog that have no intention of hiring a planner (and I know you are out there.) Let me tell you just a few of the reasons why you might want to reconsider this.

1) I hear people say I don’t need a planner; my site has a really great one. Well there was a great one at one of the popular sites I was planning a wedding at too, but she left, in fact they have had three different site planners at this particular location in the less than the year we have been planning this wedding. This happens all the time. You don’t want to have a planner that you can’t rely on to be there. You want someone there your big day, that knows how you want things to run.

2) Remember a site planner’s loyalty is to the site she works for and not you. Most sites will have more than one wedding going on at the same time. If you think she is going to spend all her time with you, you’re wrong. When you’re in the middle of your reception trying to find your site planner to tell her the lights need to be dimmed, or the air turned down, or the cake cut, rather than enjoying yourself and not having to worry about anything, I promise not to say “I told you so”.

3) "Well I have a friend of my mother’s, a cousin, my best friend; etc that is going to act as my planner and make sure everything is perfect that day", you say. Ok, first of all being the planner at a wedding (if you are really doing the job) is a long, hard job. You are on your feet nearly the whole day, you don’t get to eat with the guests (you’re busy making sure all the guests have what they need and are happy). You’re not on the dance floor having a good time, you’re making sure the DJ is playing the correct songs and that he knows when to announce the next event. Not to mention you are chasing down the videographer, photographer, and parents of the couple to make sure they are all ready for the next event. At the end of the evening the planner will be packing everything up for the couple and taking it to their cars. Believe me this is not a job you give a friend. They won’t be your friend for long.

Just something to think about!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails