Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Who is Going to Run My Wedding?


Under the title, More Reasons You Need to Hire A Planner, ….I was meeting this week with an event center, doing the final walk through before the wedding. The event planner was happily telling the bride how she didn’t need to worry about a thing. They would make sure everything ran perfectly. I spoke up and asked, “So that means you will actually be here for her entire event?” Guess what the answer was, “Well no, not actually, I may check in on you when you first arrive, but then someone else on the catering crew will take over. I’ll send you their name.”

I feel so sorry for brides that do not have a planner and think that the event coordinator who they have been talking to is going to run things just like they planned on the wedding day. Out of all the weddings we do, we see the event coordinator at the actual event 5 out of 10 times. The ones that actually stay for even just the majority of the event is maybe 2 out of 10. They may be there in the morning for a little bit of set up, or maybe check in the afternoon, but I can think of only one that we have ever worked with that was there till the end of the evening (and they didn’t come until a half hour before the event started.)

So if you don’t have a planner, ask the question point blank, “who will be running my wedding, what time will they arrive and what time will they leave?” Another good question is “Will they be running just my event, or do they have more than one to run on that date?” When you find out who your contact person will be on the day of your event, make sure you meet this person and make sure they are aware of anything special you have planned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails