Saturday, January 26, 2008

The DIY Bride by Kris Cochran


Ok, I am just not a DIY’er. By no stretch of the imagination am I crafty. It is not something I do for fun. When I do find myself tackling projects, it is out of necessity, as in “I can’t afford those invitations; let’s see if I can come up with a way to make them”. So, when I started reading The DIY Bride by Khris Cochran sent to me by it’s publishers for a possible review on my blog (yes, believe it or not that does happen occasionally), I did not expect to be excited by it. But this book is off the hook good. I love it because it is written in an "ok girlfriend let me explain how this works" kind of tone, not the over technical tones of a lot of manuals and her projects are soooooo wedding perfect. What better way to put your own special stamp on your wedding.

Khris is the founder of DIY Bride Com. If you are a bride and a self proclaimed DIY’er and you haven’t checked out this site, shame on you. But back to the book, she starts off with a list of tools you will need to complete these projects. Not only the list, but explains what each item is and what it does. Perfect for the DIY challenged like me. Then she breaks the projects down into whether you can handle them on your own, with your groom to be or do you need to plan a party to get them done. Talk about being able to plan ahead.

The projects themselves do not have that homemade look. They are very professional. And speaking of professional Khris even compares your cost of doing it yourself to the cost of purchasing from a professional. It feels good to see how much money you can save and still have a beautiful item like the one below at your wedding.

I mean how cute is this? Now the question is can I do it. I think with Khris’ help and instructions I just might be able to and that is saying a lot.

Look for this book at Amazon.com or at your local book store.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails