Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What Makes the Best Wedding?


I had a bride ask me the other day, what was the best wedding I’ve done. Well the best wedding has nothing to do with the budget or the venue or food or anything like that. The best weddings are the ones where the bride and groom are totally having a great time and since the guests follow the lead of the bride and groom, they in turn have a wonderful time.

If you are out there dancing, laughing and smiling I can promise you, your guests are going to remember it as a great wedding. Which brings me to another point, I know you have bought the most beautiful dress ever and spent more money on it than you have ever spent on an item of clothing in your entire life, but once you have walked down that aisle forget about the dress and just have fun. Believe me; before you go down that aisle I will be as diligent as you are about protecting that dress from the tiniest stain or mark. However, once the minister says “I now pronounce…” my advice is to forget the dress and party!!

But wait you say, I don’t want my dress messed up, I love my dress. I know you do, but let’s face it, what are you going to do with that dress after the wedding? Clean it and put it away. Pass it on to your daughter? I don’t think so, are you wearing your Mom’s dress? Best you can hope for is to sell it and take it from someone that knows, selling it for more than a small return on the amount you spent on it is not likely to happen.

So relax, let it go, party, smile, dance, enjoy yourself and I promise the pictures and memories will be worth more than the dress ever was.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails