Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How Many People Will Fit at my Tables?

The Cloth Connection

When you start planning out your reception, one of the first questions will be just how many tables do I need? Your florist will need to know this for the centerpiece count; your venue will need to know for room layout, and you’ll need to know for making seating plans.

The guidelines are:

72” round (6 foot) will seat 10 – 12 people. 10 being comfortable, 12 being tight.
60” round (5 foot) will seat 6 – 10 people. 6 comfortable, 10 really tight (actually doable only if you are using chivari chairs).
48" round (4 foot) will seat up to 5. This is the size most cake tables are. Size of your sweetheart table.
36” round (3 foot) will seat up to 4. Another popular size for cake tables.
8 foot banquet will seat 8-10 people
6 foot banquet will seat 6-8 people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That tablescape looks so cool! Thanks for the information! I will keep checking your posts for more useful tips.

I added you to my vendor blog list! Feel free to add me to your list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails