Monday, November 3, 2008

My Fair Wedding


So have you guys watched David Tutera’s My Fair Wedding yet? What did you think?

If only it was that easy to tell a bride “what are you thinking?” There have been girls that I really, really wanted to say “you’re kidding, right”. But it’s not my “dream” wedding, it’s theirs and my job is to make it happen for them. Now, that doesn’t mean I haven’t tried to gently steer some brides way from oceans of tulle and pink or some other over done fad. Still, it is their wedding and their day to be happy.

I have friends that know David and say he is a really nice guy. I’m sure he is, he comes across that way on the screen. But my problem with the show is, he is not improving their wedding using their original budget. He is adding thousands and thousands of dollars to their budget to make their wedding beautiful. I’d like to see what he can do, when he has to stick to the bride’s original budget. I worry that there are brides out there that think you can go from a fake flower centerpiece to hundreds of roses, all for the same price, if you have the right planner. Well that only happens if your planner has a David Tutera wallet or a fairy godmother with a very good wand.

Watch and enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails