Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bridezillas

Ok I admit it, I watch Bridezillas. I have to. The first words out of people’s mouths, when they find out I’m a wedding planner is “do you watch Bridezilla”? Followed quickly by “have you ever had a bridezilla”?

My answer to this is no, I haven’t had one. If you think about it, the major reason these girls are going crazy is that they don’t have someone they can depend on to help with their wedding. The second reason would be that they don’t pick vendors that are good reputable wedding vendors. The third would be that they aren’t following a timeline of when items need to be completed to avoid problems. All these complications are avoided when a bride has hired a good wedding planner. I know these girls think they are saving money by not hiring a planner, but is it worth what should be the best time of your life turning into the worst, not to mention the alienation of your friends and family.

Now every bride is entitled to a breakdown. They all have them. I’ve seen brides cry over just about anything. That usually boils down to a bad case of nerves. But true Bridezillas happen because the bride feels like she has lost all control of the situation. (Ok, some on that show may be just plain crazy.) If a bride has a planner and listens to the planner (that’s important) Bridezilla should never be a name anyone calls her.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails