Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Am Not Franck.


So many people think that if they hire a wedding planner, the planner is going to take over their wedding. Suddenly, it will no longer be the wedding the couple wanted, but instead the wedding the wedding planner envisions.  Now, this may be true for some wedding planners, in fact there is a whole TV show about just that, but I can promise that is not how we do it. 

I feel that our job is to find the vendors that will make the best possible version of the couple's wedding dream come true.  Most couples I have met have an idea what they want but are not sure how to go about making that happen.  That’s where we step in.  We take that dream and find the vendors that make it come alive.  Now, that is not to say that I haven’t had to rein a few brides in every now and then.  A few brides want everything they see, but my job is to make sure we stick to the things that work.
Some brides fear that a wedding planner will make them spend more than they really want.  Actually that would be impossible for me to do.  The couples’ contracts are with the actual vendors, I do not control the money, the couple does.  Nothing is contracted that you have not seen, approved and signed for.  More often than not, it is me saying, “Wait, wait, hold up, that is not in the budget.  How is this going to be paid for?”  I’m the person that is going to keep you on track.  I’m the one that will let you know what will work, and due to my years of experience, let you know what will not work.  I’m the one that will let you know when something needs to be done or when it can wait.  I’m the one that will make up your timeline (a chore every bride detests) and handle everything on the day. 
So don’t be afraid, it will not be Franck’s wedding, it will be yours only better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails