Thursday, August 11, 2011

An Out of the Box Aisle Runner

Source: Grace Ormonde
Ok, I’ll say it.  I do not like aisle runners.  I might even go as far as to say I can’t stand them.  It’s not that I don’t think they are beautiful.  Some of the expensive ones are gorgeous.  The problem is making them stay in place.  The thin ones you can buy in most stores will not stay in place.  Even when we tape them down, (yes, we have white duct tape for just such a job) they tend to tear as you walk down and wad up.  As far as rolling them down just before the bride walks down, no way, that is ALWAYS a disaster.  I also do not like to have to seat guests from the sides.  It just does not look as nice in the overall picture.

I can hear you saying, “but my aisle is so ugly and I can’t use flowers and the carpet is terrible”.   (I know, really what are some churches thinking when they pick their carpet).  So what can you do?  Well think a little out of the box, what about lighting?  What if you used lighting to cover the floor (or ugly carpet) in a floral pattern or any pattern of your choice?  Now it’s beautiful, guests can walk on it and it is not going to wad up under your feet. 

What a great idea.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails