Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Meeting with Wedding Vendors - Does Office Space Matter?



I thought I would talk about meeting with vendors. I have a question, does it matter to you if you meet with a vendor in their home, or do you prefer an office or storefront space? Are you more impressed by a vendor that say meets you in a coffee shop or hotel lobby or less impressed? Is it a deciding factor in your choice of vendor?

In my particular case, I have a home office. We’ve discussed getting an “official” out of the house office, but two things stop me, one high rental fees and two I like being able to go to work in my pajamas. Vendors I typically use run the gamut of office spaces. I believe the majority, like me, work out of their homes. Several have beautiful office spaces that make me green with envy. I also have attended my share of meeting in public places with brides and vendors. I have to say; personally this is my least favorite. I just don’t think a vendor can give a bride a good representative look at what they do while seated at a booth in a coffee shop. But that’s just me. I like to have all my props, computer, portfolios, files, and library of information at my finger tips when I meet with someone.

So does it make a difference to you? What is your preference and why? If all things were the same would you pick someone with a nice rented office space over the vendor that meets you in the coffee shop?

1 comment:

Ciara said...

I've had a home office for 5 years and in 3 days we're getting possession of our first office space. Basically I think we've reached the point where I just need my house to be my home again. There's too many people around and working in my PJ's isn't as fun when I have to hide because the doorbell rings and I'm worried it's an unexpected client. I think the office space at this point for us is going to be part of reaching to the next level in our business.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails