Monday, February 2, 2009

Vendors and Bridal Shows

Crowds enjoying the bridal show


We were not at the Wedding Festivals show this past Saturday. It’s hard trying to decide whether or not to do a show. You hate not to do them, I love meeting new brides, possible new clients and seeing both vendors I already know and those that I haven’t yet met. But let me tell you shows are not cheap to do. There is the cost of booth rentals, the table and linen rentals, and believe it or not you even have to pay for electricity. Then there are the give aways you have to pay for and the salaries of the people that work in the booth. At some shows you even have to pay to have your flyers included in the bride bags. Like I said, it’s not cheap.

Trying to keep my prices reasonable means having to make hard decisions about what advertising we do. The same is true of all vendors. Don’t think that if a vendor is not at a particular show, then this is probably not a good vendor. That’s not true. With any vendor whether they are represented at a show or not, remember you need to check their references. Check with past brides and other vendors.

So were you at the show? What did you think? Were there any vendors that just blew you away? I’d love to hear what you thought.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails